If you should be wanting a cruising school in Rhode Island (if not Connecticut!), LOOK ABSOLUTELY NO FURTHER! Hardly any other sailing school within our area should come near the quality of instruction that Black Rock will provide for you personally! Our history is second to none, and now we invite one to keep reading to find the reason why!
Area, area, location: we have been happy which our 2nd full-service sailing school in Warwick, Rhode Island is attracting people that live all-around brand new England and areas as distant as California, Canada, and Mexico! Our new multi-media class and excellent marina services at Brewer Yacht backyard, Cowesett are observed in heart of picturesque Narragansett Bay. Both Warwick and East Greenwich, RI have actually extremely active sailing communities, and Black Rock is excited to be able to introduce brand new sailors to the incredible cruising venue.
Narragansett Bay is well known for this’s dependable winds, numerous scenic and safeguarded harbors, and reasonably light boating traffic. These seas are becoming a well liked location for the teachers to teach ASA 101 Basic Keelboat, ASA 103 Basic Coastal Cruising, and ASA 104 Bareboat Charter certificates. Almost all of our Adventure Cruising “courses” would be departing using this location aswell.
Value: Our company is good that hardly any other cruising college in Rhode Island (or brand new England for example) fits the quality and price that Black Rock Sailing School delivers. Compare us to many other Rhode Island cruising schools and you'll get a hold of our cruising lessons are second to none:
- Our ASA 101 Basic Keelboat & ASA 103 fundamental Coastal Cruising classes offer 24 hours of training per program. The majority of our competition tries to perform some same in 16 to 21 hours per training course! One college promises to offer 24 hours of instruction, but does not have an instructor onboard for many regarding the 3rd, and MOST valuable day!!
- We limit our course dimensions to three students per instructor/boat! Nearly all of our competition cram FOUR pupils into each 101 & 103 class – particularly in their ASA 103 levels and above – considerably decreasing the practical connection with each student.
- Hardly any other Rhode Island formulated sailing school has actually teachers because experienced as ours! Only our top three trainers rotate right down to Rhode Island through the entire cruising period to instruct our three to five time sailing programs. Hardly any other teachers in Rhode Island possess backgrounds and knowledge our staff has!
- We are a sailing school considering 25 years of teaching knowledge. The majority of our competition tend to be yacht brokerages and/or charter companies disguised as a sailing schools to sell more ships! Our track record of teaching is first rate!!
- We train ASA 101 aboard late model Colgate 26s – a leading, purpose built training ship that's full of safety and convenience features! Our competition shows aboard thirty year old boats that were never ever designed to be utilized as training vessels. ELIMINATE SCHOOLS WHO CLAIM THAT TEACHING 101 ON HEAVIER CRUISING BOATS IS “BETTER!” Their cause of saying this are not inside most useful interest!
- After graduating from ASA 101, we offer a FREE 30-day membership inside our sailing club to train your new skills aboard our two gorgeous Colgate 26s! The majority of our competitors does not provide any practice time, but there is however one that just provides eight hours of practice aboard their particular motorboat!
- Our instruction boats are some of the finest in the business enterprise! We have two Colgate 26s, one Hunter 36, and a Jeanneau 40 in Warwick, RI, but our club and training fleet are developing because place matures.
- Pupils and sailing club people enjoy reciprocity between our places in RI, MA, the Bahamas, therefore the Virgin isles!